Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blythe Ca to Salome Az 65.3 mi 8.5 hr 105 deg

One state down! Crossed the Colorado River in the dark at 5:30 am, not what I wanted, but I was trying to beat the heat. The sign on the pedestrian walkway said no diving, I wasn't even thinking about jumping. Rode on Int. 10 two separate times for about 20 miles. Had my first breakfast at 5 in Blythe and my second one in Quartzite Az at 9. That's when I noticed my bike rack was loose an missing a connection. This could be a real problem if it got tangled up in my rear tire. I tightened the other 3 connections and started out. That's when I came upon John "McGyver", picture attached. He works on all kinds of things and put a connection on the rack that is holding very well. He was going to church and said no charge, just pay it foreward, which I surely will. After getting in Az I started to see a lot of sahuaro cactus that I did not see in Ca. Had lunch in a small crossroad "out of Hope", that's what the sign said, on the outskirts of Hope Az. I mentioned to Jason the server about how hot my bike temp was showing, and he gave me the best advice of the trip, don't look at the thermometer. I like his advise. Caught up with 7 bikers from Adventure Cycling Assoc. and they invited me for supper, a real nice group. We are all going to Wickenburg tomorrow. Drank over 300 oz of liquids, and did't seem full.

No comments:

Post a Comment