Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 3 Jacumba Ca to Brawley 60.9 mi 6 hr 114 deg

Met up with Tim and Fay, had a small climb before an exhilarating 11 mile downhill. Almost immediately, my speed was up to 40mph and climbing fast. I put my breaks on and kept it to 40 or below for the rest of the descent, still fast enough for me. Tim had to keep his speed at 25mph because of the bike trailer he is pulling. I didn't see him again until Brawley. At the bottom of the hill the temp was already about 90 deg. The ride down was on Interstate 8 again. The terrain was desert until the Imperial Valley which is agricultural and green due to irrigation. I think I found Elvis in El Centro, met him at McDonalds. He said his name was Herb. I took his picture in video by mistake. When I can figure out how to turn it into a still I'll include it. The temp listed above was at the end of the ride on my bike, but of course it's a "dry heat".

1 comment:

  1. Lov'in the updates Bob. Was a little concerned about the weather forecast out there but I guess it wasnt an issue.
    PS Elvis lives...

    ReplyDelete