Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 9 North side of Phoenix to Apache Junction 53.1 mi 7 hr 99 deg

Biked in the dark again for about an hour. Went from Phoenix thru Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, and finally Apache Junction. Rode past Camelback Golf Club and McCormack Ranch Golf Course which Kay and I have played in the past, it sure has changed a lot around here in 20 plus years since we were here. ASU stadium is still here, but it looks like they have damned up the normally dry riverbed into an attractive lake. I was surprised to come upon Fitch Park winter home for the Cubs. Being a Sox fan I thought the Cubs were still at Ho Ho Cam. All city and suburban riding today which goes slow with all the stops. Thanks to Roger and Aline for all your hospitality on my day off from riding.
I can see the Superstition Mountains which is hiding the famed Lost Dutchman's gold mine. Tim, Fay, and I will be riding out that way tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment