Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 7 Wickenburg Az to Phoenix Az 64.4 mi 7 hr 104 deg

Left Wickenburg at 5:00 am, these early starts are becoming on bad habit. I saw the sunrise over the desert for the fourth straight day. I stopped after sunrise to take off my jacket and put my iPhone on my rear carrier while I changed an adjusted everything, then on my way. Down the road about a mile I checked my front bag as I usually do, no phone! Retracing my route, I found my phone on the shoulder, lucky again. This iPhone is really something, a trip like this makes the price worth it, with GPS, weather, internet, blogging, texting, camera, etc. and it even makes phone calls.
As I came over a ridge I saw 5 hot air balloons in the sky and later near Phoenix I saw one of sherrif Joe' s vans with "chain gang" written on the side. Every election he wins with 85 percent of the vote. Had breakfast at Denny's or as Kay calls then Lenny's.
Staying with Kay's cousin Roger and Aline for a well deserved days rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment