Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 11 Globe Az to Safford Az 79.3 mi 9 hr 102 deg

BY THE WAY, DID I MENTION I'M DOING THIS RIDE FOR THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY! I'll give you one million reasons to donate, thats how many pedal revolutions it will take me to go from SAN to JAX. If you are able, please donate to this great cause. This trip is being self financed and all donations go to the ACS and are tax deductable.
What a great place to film a western, the panoramic views held my attention all morning. I took a picture with my iPhone 4, but it just didn't work out. The next X USA trip I do, I'll take better pictures with my iPhone 9. For a good part of the day I was in the San Carlos Apache Reservation. The flag in Geronimo Az was standing straight out, so much for the projected winds of 5-10 mph. It was more like 15-20, less than yesterday but still strong when riding head first into it. I have not had one day with a tail wind since starting in San Diego. My son Derek contacted a reporter with The Daily Herald in the suburbs of Chicago and supposedly my ride was front page news today, wow. Thank you everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment