Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 29 Marshall Tx to Coushatta La 84.1 mi 8 hr 75 deg

I stopped at the La. border to take a picture with my iPhone, and I had a message on the phone from my son, Blake, Happy Birthday. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the message, just another day on the road. And they said a 61 year, I mean 62 year old should not attempt this.
Texas was long, over 700 miles out of a total of 1700. I did not see one armadillo in Tx, but I saw one today in La. I also saw a large dead feral pig along side the road today, even dead it looked mean. Louisiana has a lot of natural gas wells, I mean a lot, a surprise to me. My ride was wind aided for a while. About time. I crossed the Red River by walking my bike one half of a mile across the bridge because of the crosswind. The wind was gusting to 40 mph and the bridge railing was only three feet tall and it felt as if the wind could push me right over the edge. I did get a birthday present today, a flat tire, my first since New Mexico. Thanks for all the birthday greetings.

1 comment: