Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 21 Lamesa Tx to Snyder Tx 66 miles 6 hr high of 71 deg

There was a heavy mist going to breakfast, which I thought would burn off soon, wrong again. The official weather was indefinite ceiling 500 visibility 10 miles. As I started biking, the mist seemed more like light rain with steady drips falling from my helmet visor. This continued for two hours then started to lighten up, but the indefinite ceiling remained until afternoon. The only place open during today's ride was in Gail Tx. called the Coyote Cafe, a regular oasis. I wasn't sure this town of only 500 population would have anything. I had a great burrito, a coke and conversation. No exciting photos in this part of the country.
The flat as Illinois farm scenery changed back to something more like New Mexico for a while, only with a little more vegetation. As I neared Snyder the landscaped changed back to agricultural again.

No comments:

Post a Comment