Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 41 Macclenny Fl to Jacksonville Beach 51.3 miles 5.5 hr rain

I did it! I crossed the USA on a bicycle. It took 41 days, that's less than 6 weeks. I did the work, but still find it amazing. The total miles for the trip is 2670.9. The average was over 72 miles per biking day, of which there were 37. I had four rest days. I had only biked up to 70 miles 4 times before in my life, but I had never gone more than what my average was for this trip. I did bike many shorter trip this summer, over 2700 miles usually at a fast pace. I guess I'm in pretty good shape. I repeated a prayer many times for the strength and stamina to complete this ride and the wisdom to know when to stop. When my front tire hit the salty water I knew that time had come.
I want to thank everyone for their support in this trip and especially for the donations to the American Cancer Society. I know some were waiting for the end of the ride or donating by the mile. You can still send Kay and I those pledges made out to the American Cancer Society.  I will make a few more blogs, so don't go away yet. God Bless. Bob and Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment