Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 34 Hattiesburg Ms to Mobile Al 91.1 mi 7.5 hr 84 deg

I left Hattiesburg early, I knew it would be a long haul to Mobile. The air was very heavy this morning, which for some reason made the pedals seem like lead weights for the first half hour. By noon I had 55 miles under my belt, a good thing, since the wind shifted out of my favor in the afternoon. I had to pump up my rear tire too much this morning, that means a slow leak. When I arrived in Mobile, I pulled a couple of those darn steel belted wires out of the inside of the my tire and put in a new tube. I'm getting way too good at fixing flats. Alabama is only about 60 miles wide down here, so I'll be in Fl. tomorrow. I hope to get a photo of the battleship Alabama tomorrow in downtown Mobile.
According to my calculations, I've come 2192.4 miles with about 450 to go. An early start in the morning will help me beat some of the traffic to downtown Mobile.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bob, Good job. You only have Florida left. I found a great wine bar in old town Pensacola. Champagne by the glass if you are interested.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete