Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 31 Pineville La to Natchez Ms 73 mi 7.5 hr

I only spent two nights in La., I must be getting good. Had an "easy" day of only 70 miles after four straight days of 80 plus. The temp was in the mid 30's again to start the day and ended up at 82. The Jonesville sign in today's blog reminded me of home. I stopped in Jonesville for lunch at Jackie's Riverside restaurant after a local who was crossing the street gave it a good recommendation. I had a shrimp Po-boy, Geno, you were right they are very good. After I had eaten lunch, the man who gave me the recommendation came out of the kitchen with an apron on and a big smile on his face, he works here.
I will not miss all the Bobbie Jindal for governor signs that seem to be everywhere in La. I am staying in storied Natchez, the ending of the Natchez Trace Trail and the river port for the big paddle boats that plied the mighty Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment