Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 15 Deming Nm to Las Crusis Nm 63.4 mi 7 hrs 91 deg

Tim and Faye, I'm sorry for the picture, but its the only one I have of both of you and it looks like like Tim has his hand down Faye's pants, no wonder they both have smiles. Sorry! Relatively easy day with westerly winds late. We pulled tire wire out of three tires before Tim got a flat right before Las Crusis with tire wire in his bike tire. Out of the last two biking days, 105 miles on Int. 10 and 15 miles on a frontage road. The biking was mostly flat but you had to dodge numerous tire pieces with metal steel belts protruding from them, a tedious process. Glad this interstate run is over. I said goodby to Tim and Faye, they almost seem like old friends, but just met them two weeks ago. They are following the Adventure Cycling route southeast while I'm going almost due east thru Dallas then southeast to Biloxi. We may meet again near there. I was worried about my left calf muscle, but it felt good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment