Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 39 Quincy Fl to Madison Fl 88.1 mi 9.5 hr 72 deg

When I left it was still dark. I wanted to beat the crowd for the Florida State home football game in Tallahassee. I was making good progress until I got a flat in my rear tire, which I fixed by a guard rail. The second picture for today shows a locking nut for a presta tube which holds the tube to the wheel and a valve cover. This was left by someone before me when they changed their flat. Well, I got caught in traffic, so I did a little partying with some FSU fans in the preceding picture. If you can't beat em you might as well join em. I could not stay for the game, had to go. Tomorrow will be a long 80 plus mile day again with a strong headwind. I forgot to mention yesterday, that I'm in my last time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment