Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 28 Grand Saline to Marshall Tx 85.3 mi 8.5 hr / high 70 deg

Kind of a boring ride, up and down over and over. Top speed down, lowest gear up. Some very nice homes on route 80, many set back from the road with gated entrances. No pictures worth taking again. One big surprise upon entering Marshall Tx, traffic was light and I was in the right side of the right lane of a four lane highway. All of a sudden, I heard a loud speaker say "get on the sidewalk". What, is this a joke? No it was one of Marshall's finest. As he drove by I put my arm out, palm out and shrugged. First of all, I am perfectly legal being on the road, and secondly when Marshall puts in sidewalks in this non-sidewalk area I might give it a thought at my option. Was this guy a rookie or was he trying to pull my chain. I continued to ride thru town on the road with no further hinderance. Cool all day, first about 50 deg. then a high of 70 deg. Tomorrow I'll be in La.

No comments:

Post a Comment