Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 37 Pace Fl to Bonifay Fl 102.1 mi 8.5 hr 90 deg

What a monster day I had today. It must have been the oysters on the half shell from yesterday. I felt good today, but I was looking for maybe 70 miles. When I got to DeFuniak Springs before 2:00p and already had over 70 miles I looked at the map to see what town I could possibly reach and it was Bonifay which would put me over 100. The temp. which had been 90 had fallen to 78 as the clouds rolled in and I checked the winds and they were forecast to be a light cross wind, so I decided to go for it. I didn't think I would get a century under my belt with so few days remaining. I'm looking at possible being on Jacksonville Beach on Monday baring mechanical, weather, or injury problems. That would be over a week before I thought I would finish. Four more biking days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Bob - You must be getting beyond excited. I remember how I felt once I got into Florida and was counting the days on one hand. It is going to be an achievement of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete