Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 22 Snyder Tx to Haskell Tx 94.2 mi 9.5 hr 82 deg

No matter how you slice it, 80 to 90 miles on a bike is not an easy ride, unless you have some wind to help, no such luck today. I had a decision to make, do I ride 60 miles or can I make it 90. Why the decision? I need to stop at a town with a motel. If I go 60 miles, then the next day would be 30 miles then 72 miles the day after. I didn't like the idea of only going 30 miles. If I could make Anson Tx, which is 60 miles by 1:00, I would continue onto Haskell which was another 30.
The 60 miles to Anson took 5 hours, arriving at noon, so Haskell was next. The crosswind would be a headwind of 15 knots as I turned north, but I figured 3 hours for the 30 miles to Haskell at a slower pace. It actually took me 3.5 hours for the 30 miles. A lot of numbers, but it all boils down to one hard day.
All this biking business has improved my appetite. I've been eating like a horse and everything tastes good, I'm eating four meals a day plus snacks. I 'll sleep good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment